Wednesday 20 February 2013

Revlon Brilliant Strength Nail Enamel



Finally got my hands on these two polishes from the new Revlon launch. After trying out the amazing colours from the Colorstay range I definitely had high hopes.


The whole claim behind these is that they have a "built in base and top coat" to extend wear.

I believe there's currently 20 colours, out of which I chose the nudes. In all honesty, I wasn't drawn to any of the others. In my humble opinion nothing was very unique. Allure has a pink base and slight iridescence to it. Embody is a pure ivory with no hints of shimmer.

I was rather impressed with the application. Much less streaking than I'm used to with nudes. And thank goodness- they're opaque.
Anyway, here's how Allure lasted after a week. Three coats + base and top (nope, didn't buy into the built in protection crap sorry Revlon)



As you can tell the polish has gotten a bit dented. I stupidly forgot to take pictures of a fresh coat, but I had let it completely dry so it was nice and smooth for the first few days.


The tips wore off, specifically my index and there's a bit chipping around my cuticles.


I'd say for a week of wear this has done well. Definitely very happy with these two additions. I'm looking forward to new colours.









No comments:

Post a Comment